READING THIS COULD BE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
The Giles Trust was founded in 1575 and gives money to residents in the Parish of Stondon Massey who need it:-
to help towards the cost of travel for the patient who has to travel
- to help towards the cost of travel for the patient who has to travel to and from hospital for treatment, or family members, who are visiting the person who is sick in hospital, over a period of time.
- We can sometimes help towards the funding of much needed equipment in the home, to help make the patient more comfortable, and help ease the work of the carer.
- We have helped with the provision of bedding, clothing, food, fuel, furniture, including comforts or other aids for the sick
- We have also helped with educational assessments, and other needs eg, speech therapy etc.
- There are times when we have helped with expenses for people doing further studies. We can pay for books, tools, fees for instruction or examination, payment of travelling expenses…things that will help people to earn their own living.
- We have assisted with educational trips, and the purchase of school uniforms.
Perhaps you have a neighbour who we might be able to help, and a discreet reminder by you of our existence ay encourage them to seek our help. We cannot replace state grants, but in various circumstances, we can supplement them
WE DO NEED PEOPLE TO MAKE USE OF THIS FUND.
The names of people who ask for help are never published.
Requests for assistance should be made to:
Mrs Chris Hall, “St Austell”, Ongar Road, Stondon Massey – 01277 821447
Mr Adrian Cowan, Little Myles, Ongar Road, Stondon Massey – 01277 363176
Mrs Anne Mann, Ganns Cottage, Ongar Road, Stondon Massey – 01277 823286
and will be treated confidentially by the Trustees.
(The Trustees are accountable to the Charity Commission.)